Crusader Kings 2: The Republic expansion released
Few settings can catch our attention and produce awe as much as the medieval setting of Europe. Crusader Kings 2 is now entering the period of republics, introducing trade and incredibly rich merchant families as the focus of gameplay. CK2 is easily one of the finest strategy games of 2012, and is now entering the next phrase.
The key features of the Republic expansion include:
- Experience a fresh, new type of Crusader Kings II experience by playing as one of ‘The Big 5’ merchant Republics of medieval Europe: Venice, Genoa, Pisa, Gotland and the Hansa
- As the head of a Patrician family you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors
- Build trade posts and expand your mercantile empire by controlling the sea-lanes and coasts of Europe… and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords
- Improve your trade posts and your prestigious family palace with dozens of unique new buildings
- Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and prestige by investing money in your campaign fund
- Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize trade posts from your rivals; new plot and many special events for characters in the Republics
- New Republican skin for the interface
- Unique clothes and ship models for Republics
Take a minute of your time and check out the Republic trailer below.